Online Creative Course FAQs

Creative General English; English through Creative Storytelling and Drama; Creative and Engaging Storytelling and Drama for Language Teachers; Creative Business and Professional English; Creative Academic English; Creative English for Exams.
In blocks of 12 hours, 6 live Zoom coaching sessions, 6 guided independent learning.

Yes, all students receive a certificate and a written report at the end of the course.

At times and on days that suit you.

Yes. You can have a free 20 minute pre-course Zoom meeting with Tammy and David Heathfield to get to know them in person and discuss your needs and preferences. Book your meeting

By Bank Transfer. A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the cost of your Course is due on booking.The remaining 90% is due 2 weeks before the start of your Course.

Very occasionally you may need to reschedule a coaching session. You must give at least 18 hours notice to Tammy and David Heathfield. If you do not tell us in this way, your lesson will be cancelled and not refunded.

If there is an emergency and you need to reschedule, please give us as much notice as possible.

Please be prepared and ready to start your coaching session 5 minutes before the scheduled time

If you don’t log in within 15 minutes of the coaching session start time, your lesson will be cancelled and not refunded

If you have any other questions, please email us or add your questions to the enquiries form.

Homestay FAQs

We live in a bright house with a garden in Exeter, Devon in the southwest of England. We have 2 guest rooms: You will stay in our large guest room with a double bed. There is an extra charge of £100 per week if you also book our second smaller guest room with a small double bed. You will have private use of the downstairs bathroom. You are welcome to relax in the living room, kitchen/dining room and garden. There is a study room dedicated to your coaching sessions. 

  • You can fly to Exeter airport. It’s just 10 minutes away from our house. We can pick you up from there.
  • You can fly to Bristol Airport then catch a bus to Exeter, where we can pick you up from the bus station. That journey takes around 90 minutes.
  • You can drive here from Bristol Airport in about one hour.
  • You can get a taxi from Bristol airport to our home for around £100.
Exeter is a beautiful university city in the southwest of England set in stunning countryside and near the coast. It is rich in culture and history and offers a wide range of entertainment, culture and activities. It is the most important shopping centre of the region.

We accept bookings all year round apart from Christmas week and around New Year. Exeter and Devon are lovely in all seasons; spring, with its beautiful wild flowers, and autumn, with its colourful trees, are quieter as children return to school. The summer offers warmer sea for swimming and days on the beach.

Delicious home-cooked food to suit your tastes and preferences. 

We can cater for vegetarians and non-vegetarians, and can serve local, national and international dishes. If you have any preferences, (vegetarian or you have an allergy) please just write it on your enquiry form.

One or two student guests who know each other (your friend/ partner/colleague).

Tammy Heathfield and David Heathfield both have the Cambridge Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (can be seen on request). We have dedicated our whole careers to teaching English and are experts in this field. They both have Bachelor’s degrees in languages (French and German) and Tammy has a Post Graduate Certificate in Education

A minimum of an hour for each whole day of your stay.
No, all materials you need will be provided.
Yes, this will be very useful.

If you have any other questions, please email us or add your questions to the enquiries form.