Terms & Conditions
A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the cost of your course, both Homestay and Online, is due on booking. The remaining 90% is due 2 weeks before the start of your course.
For both Homestay and Online courses you will be invoiced for your course, and payment may be made by Paypal transaction.
For Homestay and Online courses, if you cancel your course 7 days or longer before it is due to start, you will be reimbursed 50% of the cost of your course. There is no reimbursement if cancellation is within 7 days of the start date.
Homestay Courses and COVID 19
You will receive full reimbursement (minus a £50 admin fee) if, after any payment is made to us and within 7 days of the start of your course, your country prohibits travel to the UK or requires you to quarantine upon your return from the UK, those measures are likely to remain in place at the time of your holiday, and you inform us of that fact as soon as is reasonably practicable.
You will receive full reimbursement (minus the admin fee) if the UK prohibits travel from your country or imposes quarantine on visitors from your country within the UK and that policy is in place 1 week prior to your course and is expected to remain in place to the date of the start of your course.
Tammy and David Heathfield will only cancel your course if absolutely necessary. If this happens you will be fully reimbursed and if possible Tammy and David Heathfield will help you to find a suitable alternative course.
It is recommended that you take out travel insurance.
What if I have to reschedule an online coaching session?
Very occasionally you may need to reschedule an online coaching session. You must give at least 18 hours notice to Tammy and David Heathfield. If you do not tell us in this way, your coaching session will be cancelled and not refunded. If there is an emergency and you need to reschedule, please give us as much notice as possible.
What if I’m late for my online coaching session?
Please be prepared and ready to start your coaching session 5 minutes before the scheduled time. If you don’t log in within 15 minutes of the coaching session start time, your lesson will be cancelled and not refunded
1. Heathfield Creative English Coaching is owned by Tamzin Heathfield and run on a sole trader basis.
2. We collect some personal data, eg. from the people who send us an enquiry or book with us and from the people who visit us / learn English with us. We use Google Analytics from which we receive general anonymised data about visitors to our website.
3. Your personal data may include for example your name and contact details, your social media username, your level of English and objective in wanting to improve your English, your food preferences.
4. We will use your name/user name and contact details in communicating with you.
5. In the event of any accidents or incidents while staying with us, your data may be recorded and shared with others as appropriate.
6. We request and retain feedback and publish reviews on our website.
7. We may in communicating with you collect information that could reveal racial or ethnic origin, health details or religious beliefs. Eg. that you suffer from an allergy. This is “sensitive personal data”. By providing any sensitive personal data you explicitly agree that we may collect and use it in order to provide our services.
8. We use and retain your information for business purposes including billing and accounting, and to provide information on earnings to the tax authorities.
10. The law on data protection sets out different reasons for which we may collect and process your personal data, including:
11. a) Consent. Eg. we may ask you for your consent to use photos on our website or social media.
12. b) Contractual obligations. We will use some of your data to enable us to comply with our contractual obligations with you – eg we will need to collect and use your contact details and other relevant information to arrange your course/ details about level of English for lessons, etc/ travel arrangements / to bill you / to respond to queries or a complaint or refund request, including to answer your enquiries pre-contract.
13. c) Legal compliance. For instance, we will need to process your data in making a tax return. We may(rarely) need to provide information to police or border control authorities.
14. d) Legitimate interests. In some situations we need to use your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. Eg. the use of Google Analytics to help us to improve our marketing, to answer an enquiry, discuss a course, send you an invoice, discuss a refund or complaint. You may send us information about yourself to help us to make your homestay or online experience more successful (eg food preferences, learning preferences, health or emotional issues). We may contact you for written feedback, which we may publish on our website. We may communicate with you on social media in the usual course of social media exchanges – eg Linked-In and Facebook – unless you indicate that you wish us not to do so. We will not use your personal data for activities where we consider that our legitimate interests are overridden by an adverse impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
15. Your data protection rights include:
Right of access – you have the right to access and obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
Right to rectification – you have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal data stored about you.
Right to erasure – in certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we erase your personal data
Right to restriction – you may have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data.
Right to data portability – in certain circumstances.
Right to withdraw consent – you have a right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data which is based on your consent
Right to object to processing – In certain circumstances, you have a right to object to our processing of your personal data where we process it on the legal bases of our legitimate business interest or your consent to marketing.
Please send any personal data access request to Heathfield Creative English Coaching, headed “My data request”, using the email address on the website, email@example.com, and we will in usual circumstances respond within 1 month.
16. We aim to take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data, including restricting access to data and using anti-virus software.
17. When we no longer need to retain your personal data, it will be deleted or anonymised (eg. for use in business planning). Most personal data will be deleted within 3 years of your enquiry / visit / final lesson. Data relating to billing/costs/payment will be retained for up to 6.5 years. Data relating to issues/complaints/claims raised or to accidents or similar incidents will be retained for up to 6 years. Feedback and photos published on our website / social media / with agencies may be retained indefinitely.
18. We may share your data with the UK tax authorities or with 3rd parties who assist us in running our business (eg. professional advisors).
20. If you are concerned about our handling of your data, please contact Heathfield Creative English Coaching who will consider and respond to your concerns. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
21. We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time