Creative Academic English
At Heathfield Creative English Coaching we have 17 years’ experience at the University of Exeter training students in Academic English in preparation for undergraduate and postgraduate university studies. With our creative homestay Academic English course you will develop all the skills you need to succeed in any academic context.
Whichever aspect of your academic skills you wish to focus on, we will be there to coach you towards success.
- build your confidence and fluency in presentations and seminars.
- learn how to take notes effectively during lectures and from written texts.
- increase the speed and effectiveness of your reading.
- receive coaching in the academic writing skills you need to achieve excellence clarity in the communication of your ideas.
Activities to suit you!
Heathfield Creative English Coaching will offer you a range of interesting, exciting and engaging free-time excursions and activities to suit what you enjoy most. You can:
- spend time outside exploring Devon’s beautiful countryside or walking by the sea on our fantastic coast.
- enjoy history, art and culture. We can arrange visits to the cinema, theatre and museum, trips to pubs and restaurants and excursions to historic country houses or castles.
- explore the University of Exeter’s lively and beautiful campus with its sculpture trail
- learn how to bake British cakes or other dishes.
- keep active! There are excellent facilities for both indoor and outdoor sports in Exeter.
All of these opportunities are available to you when you stay with us in the beautiful, historic city of Exeter.
All fees include:
- accommodation with private bathroom
- all meals
- two half day excursions or activities per week (except entrance fees)
- one full day excursion per week (except entrance fees) on courses 2 weeks or more in length.
Excursions are included in the Course Fee (except entrance fees):
Excursions included are:
- a local orientation on your arrival day or the first day of your course
- 2 afternoon excursions per week
- one full day weekend excursion per week on courses which are 2 weeks or more in length
Students will pay their own entrance fees. There may be none, if we go for a walk or if we visit Exeter’s museum for example, which has free entry. Other entrance fees may vary.
|15 hours tuition per week||£1200||£800|
|20 hours tuition per week||£1350||£975|
fees per person
Additional one or two guided excursions or activities:
£150 for each 3-hour session for individuals
£100 each for each 3-hour session for pairs (two students)
You will stay in our large guest room with a double bed. There is an extra charge of £100 per week if you also book our second smaller guest room with a small double bed.
Additional night homestay £90 per person per night
Additional 1:1 coaching session £65 per hour
Additional 2:1 coaching session £45 per person per hour