Creative and Engaging Storytelling and Drama for Language Teachers
Heathfield Creative English Coaching offers you a total-immersion Creative and Engaging Storytelling and Drama for Language Teachers homestay course where you will learn ways to inspire your students’ imaginations and creativity and build their confidence and fluency in spoken English.
Teachers on this course will:
- build imaginative and creative opportunities into your language coaching sessions to engage and motivate your learners with storytelling and drama.
- explore and practise storytelling, drama and personalised drama activities, roleplay and speaking games and feel confident to use them with your own students.
- learn and develop techniques for using your voice effectively, delivering your stories meaningfully to engage your students with your stories.
- be coached to reflect upon and improve your performance.
- be able to transfer all these skills to your students.
David Heathfield is a storyteller of international acclaim and the author of many chapters and articles about creativity in language learning as well as two highly regarded teacher resource books, Storytelling with our Students and Spontaneous Speaking which offer a wealth of practical and creative ideas, techniques and activities.
This course is also available online
Activities to suit you!
Heathfield Creative English Coaching will offer you a range of interesting, exciting and engaging free-time excursions and activities to suit what you enjoy most. You can:
- enjoy art, culture and history. Exeter hosts a wide range of national and local theatre and performing arts productions: https://www.visitexeter.com/whats-on/theatre-and-performing-arts. https://www.exeternorthcott.co.uk/
- visit the cinema, the museum, trips to pubs and restaurants and excursions to historic country houses or castles.
- participate in a storytelling event.
- spend time outside exploring Devon’s beautiful countryside or walking by the sea on our fantastic coast.
- learn how to bake British cakes or other dishes
- keep active! There are excellent facilities for both indoor and outdoor sports in Exeter.
All fees include:
- accommodation with private bathroom
- all meals
- two half day excursions or activities per week (except entrance fees)
- one full day excursion per week (except entrance fees) on courses 2 weeks or more in length.
Excursions are included in the Course Fee (except entrance fees):
Excursions included are:
- a local orientation on your arrival day or the first day of your course
- 2 afternoon excursions per week
- one full day weekend excursion per week on courses which are 2 weeks or more in length
Students will pay their own entrance fees. There may be none, if we go for a walk or visit Exeter’s museum for example, which has free entry. Other entrance fees may vary.
|15 hours tuition per week||£1200||£800|
|20 hours tuition per week||£1350||£975|
fees per person
Additional one or two guided excursions or activities:
£150 for each 3-hour session for individuals
£100 each for each 3-hour session for pairs (two students)
You will stay in our large guest room with a double bed. There is an extra charge of £100 per week if you also book our second smaller guest room with a small double bed.
Additional night homestay £90 per person per night
Additional 1:1 coaching session £65 per hour
Additional 2:1 coaching session £45 per person per hour