English through Creative Storytelling and Drama
Heathfield Creative English Coaching offers you a total-immersion Creative Storytelling and Drama Homestay course where you will learn to develop your creativity, confidence, fluency and pronunciation.
David Heathfield is a storyteller of international acclaim. https://davidheathfieldblog.wordpress.com/
With his expert guidance you will develop as an imaginative and effective storyteller in English whether storytelling is new for you or is already something you enjoy doing.
In the storytelling component you will:
- engage with and learn to tell traditional folktales from around the world
- tell personal stories from your own life experience.
- learn and develop techniques for using your voice effectively, delivering your stories meaningfully and engaging your listeners.
- be coached to reflect on and build your storytelling skills to become a more creative and engaging speaker of English.
In the drama component you will:
- explore a variety of drama activities including role-play, personalised drama and conversation games.
- develop your ability to speak spontaneously and enrich your vocabulary through activating it in context.
- express yourself with more confidence by using these drama techniques to practise and improve your skills.
This course is also available online.
Activities to suit you!
Heathfield Creative English Coaching will offer you a range of interesting, exciting and engaging free-time excursions and activities to suit what you enjoy most. You can:
- enjoy art, culture and history. Exeter hosts a wide range of national and local theatre and performing arts productions:
- visit the cinema, the museum, trips to pubs and restaurants and excursions to historic country houses or castles.
- participate in a storytelling event.
- spend time outside exploring Devon’s beautiful countryside or walking by the sea on our fantastic coast.
- learn how to bake British cakes or other dishes.
- keep active! There are excellent facilities for both indoor and outdoor sports in Exeter.
All fees include:
- accommodation with private bathroom
- all meals
- two half day excursions or activities per week (except entrance fees)
- one full day excursion per week (except entrance fees) on courses 2 weeks or more in length.
Excursions are included in the Course Fee (except entrance fees):
Excursions included are:
- a local orientation on your arrival day or the first day of your course
- 2 afternoon excursions per week
- one full day weekend excursion per week on courses which are 2 weeks or more in length
Students will pay their own entrance fees. There may be none, if we go for a walk or if we visit Exeter’s museum for example, which has free entry. Other entrance fees may vary.
|15 hours tuition per week||£1200||£800|
|20 hours tuition per week||£1350||£975|
fees per person
Additional one or two guided excursions or activities:
£150 for each 3-hour session for individuals
£100 each for each 3-hour session for pairs (two students)
You will stay in our large guest room with a double bed. There is an extra charge of £100 per week if you also book our second smaller guest room with a small double bed.
Additional night homestay £90 per person per night
Additional 1:1 coaching session £65 per hour
Additional 2:1 coaching session £45 per person per hour