Homestay Creative Courses
Enjoy a totally immersive language and culture experience by coming to stay in our home in beautiful, historic Exeter.
Experience British life at home with us and explore where we live. Enjoy a professional language coaching course, created especially for you.
Learn English in our Home
Improve your language skills fast whilst being hosted like one of the family
- Learning English with us in our home is a fantastic way to combine building your language ability and confidence quickly with enjoying a relaxing, cultural and very human experience.
- We have hosted students from around the world for over 12 years. You will be warmly welcomed, comfortably accommodated and enjoy delicious, varied and healthy meals.
- We enjoy being out and about, exploring nature, culture and art, so you can enjoy experiencing wonderful places to suit your tastes and interests.
- We can be ready to meet you when you arrive at the train station or coach station in Exeter. Or we can pick you up from Exeter airport.
Excellent teaching and engaging learning
- Our homestay coaching is imaginative, creative and empowering.
- It takes place in a study room dedicated to your learning, with a lovely view of the garden which we can also use. We use a rich variety of teaching materials we have created ourselves plus a range of carefully selected published materials.
- We can offer you the option to have some coaching outside our home to fit with your own personal preferences, such as a story-walk in the natural surroundings of our local valley park, a research project into a local historic site/place of interest or an interview with a local creative artist.
- Our expertise and experience mean that your lessons will be of excellent quality.
How will learning English in our home help you?
- Learning English intensively in our home means you will learn fast.
- You will speak English all day every day, develop your skills and become a creative user of English.
- We will support you, help you to express yourself and share enjoyable and memorable experiences with you.
- Using English all the time in this natural, sociable way will help you to improve your English quickly!
Coaching for independence
We guide you in your structured independent learning between coaching sessions. This helps you process, remember and develop the English you learn in your coaching sessions. You will discover learning strategies to last you a lifetime.
How does Heathfield Creative English Coaching Homestay work?
Our Homestay courses are:
- flexible and designed to suit you individually
- for individual students, couples or two friends (maximum two guests), so your coaching sessions will be 1:1 or 2:1.
- for all levels from beginner to advanced
- available in week-long blocks with 15 or 20 hours of tuition
Assessing your level and needs:
- At our initial free 20-minute Zoom meeting we will assess your level of English and ask you what you would most like to focus on during your coaching sessions.
- We will then develop a programme of creative learning that suits your needs, requirements and learning style.
Days and dates:
- Courses are booked in week-long blocks, usually 6 nights starting and ending at weekends, and include time for independent learning, guided excursions with us, leisure activities we can enjoy together and free time.
- Homestay courses are normally from Sunday evening to Saturday morning, although other arrival days may be possible by arrangement. Coaching sessions are from Monday to Friday. You may book any number of weeks at most times of the year.
- See our Heathfield Creative English Coaching Homestay Booking Form
- coaching sessions usually take place in the mornings after a tasty breakfast to set you up for the day!
- The afternoons and evenings are then free for visits, activities and excursions with David and Tammy Heathfield, or private study and time for yourself.
- You will receive regular feedback from us summarising your progress and achievements during our coaching sessions together and your independent learning.
- You will be awarded a certificate and given a full report at the end of your course summarising your progress and achievements with guidance for continuing to improve your English.
Meet us to find out more:
Book your free 20-minute meeting with us on Zoom to talk about what you would like to learn with us, discuss your choice of course and to get to know each other. We will then design a course especially for you.
Complete our Homestay Heathfield Creative English Booking Form to sign up for the course of your choice.
We will do our best to give you the dates that suit you best.
Paying for your course:
We will send you an invoice to be paid. Please see Terms and Conditions for payment details. You will get a receipt once fees are paid.